Friday, December 3, 2010

Shortcomings

I've got to be honest with you. I'm short. There, I said it. You were probably wondering anyway but were too kind to ask.

To be sure, I'm not as short as if I were one hundred percent Dachshund or had any of that miniature variety in me. Bill likes to tell people that "next to a regular dog, he looks like a dachshund, while next to a dachshund, he looks like a regular dog." You get the picture.

The annual snowstorm mug shot.
Tonight, we're having a little snowstorm here in Minnesota.  As the snow begins to pile up, it's hard to get away from the fact that I don't have the clearance of an 18-wheeler, and I must count on master to clear a path for me in the backyard. Perhaps there is no other way to assess the devotion of an owner than to see how regularly he shovels snow from the tundra for his height-challenged dog. I've got no complaints there. My heinie always stays dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment